Very Bad experience with Verison consumer service.
Bookwurm

Over the past month I have called Verison twice and engage in long chat with Verison this past Saturday concerning my account with them.  I am 68 years old and I don't recall my account number with Verizon. The only information I had was the last 3 numbers of the account.  I subscribe to Verison Fios for both internet and TV.  Unfortunately for me about 3 weeks ago my computer was hacked and lost all access for one day for everything.  As a result I had to open a new checking and saving accounts with my bank and have a computer tech work several hours to restore and clean my computer and contact gmail to create a new secure email address.  This two things cost me $442.00  When I spoke with Verizon about this they say they need my account number.  They told me that I need to supply both my old email address and phone number so that they could send me a pin.  Both are lost forever. Unfortunately for me, they got all security conscience.    I told them that I have lost both the previous email address and phone number so I had no access to get a new pin.  I called  twice over the last month and engage in a very lenghty chat with 3 representatives on Saturday who said that I since I don't my account number.  They were unable to help me out.  I have automatic payment with them from my checking account.  I will call my bank to stop payment with Verizon.  If owed any further money they will need to mail me a bill in the regular mail.  I have gotten tired of this so I will get TV and internet with other providers.  I will ask my bank not to pay the bill with Verizon anymore.   Quite frankly, this is a terrible experience and I have another choice but to take my business elsewhere. 

0 Likes
Re: Very Bad experience with Verison consumer service.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bookwurm,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes