Warning: Verizon confirmed twice they would roll back/credit charges, but now deny completely
disappointed4

I had FIOS internet service, and had moved out of residence/out of state in June. When calling to cancel later, I spoke with two different agents on the same day who both confirmed with me (and with each other!) that the charges I had paid for service for July would be credited and I would not be charged for August.  I would still pay the early termination fee, and the credit would either be applied to credit card that was previously charged or sent as a check in the mail.

However, I received a bill with full charges for August, and have not been credited for my July payment.

I called Verizon support and am now being told that they do not roll-back/credit charges.

So, either the prior two agents I spoke with when cancelling service who confirmed the credit(s) were both lying to me in saying I would be credited, or the supervisor I spoke with more recently is lying in saying that it is impossible that I could be credited, in turn implying the previous two agents had no idea of company policy.

The supervisor kept saying that the prior agents neglected to write notes regarding the credit, which implies that if they had, she could do something about it, but if this is supposedly 'impossible', why would it matter if they wrote notes anyway?

The supervisor made me feel as if I am somehow in the wrong and negligent for having believed the first two agents who confirmed I would be credited.

Really beyond disappointing and quite disrepectful.

This is really unacceptable, as no matter which agent(s) are in the right, I was lied to. Furthermore, I am now being asked to pay $200 after being lied to?

I have even just recently upgraded my FIOS service at my new residence to gigabit internet last month!

I will certainly be downgrading my TV/internet service and seeking an alternate provider now. Why would I continue to do business with a company I cannot trust?

0 Likes
Re: Warning: Verizon confirmed twice they would roll back/credit charges, but now deny completely
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi disappointed4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes