Worst upgrade experience ever
kokopuffsLA

I just downgraded my service because of the inability to get the Triple Play service I had upgraded to about a month ago, and just got a confirmation that I'll now be paying $70.07 a month for the same service (Fios Internet) I was getting for $54.99 monthly before this ridiculously disappointing upgrade experience (summarized below).

After months of being targeted to upgrade to a Double Play or Triple Play, I finally gave in (mostly because our Verizon Wireless signal also isnt consistent here, so I figured we could use a landline. I upgraded to Triple Play about a month ago. We chose self-install. It didnt work. The cable and phone werent working. A repair guy came to fix the cable box. We could never get a dial tone on the line, but figured maybe we needed a new phone. We got a new phone last week, plugged it in, still no dial tone.

After troubleshooting for the past couple of hours and then calling tech services, turns out Verizon wont come ensure that our phone service is working. I understand the insurance concerns because of potential property damage, etc., but its pretty unacceptable to FINALLY upgrade to a service that just doesnt work ... and have no one come fix it. Wasnt even an option ... Well, it was an option for a minimum of a $90 tech visit.

All I wanted was a phone that worked consistently where I lived. Verizon Wireless failed me. And now Verizon Fios has failed me. Its absolutely appalling that this level of service is acceptable. While customer service reps have all been very friendly, no one can give me back the time Ive wasted troubleshooting -- and taking time off for a tech to come fix our cable … or for now having to call back to get a refund for the month and a half of service I never received.

To receive this new bill at a price that is significantly higher than what I was paying before (and I ONLY canceled because no one will fix my **bleep** phone and I can't get the service I'd upgraded to) is the final insult on top of a truly shocking experience as a customer ... And it really should have been SO easy to remedy. Fix my service so I could get the service I wanted and you could keep me as a newly upgraded Triple Play customer or remove the Triple Play upgrade and reinstate me at the rate I was paying for Internet before my failed upgrade attempt. Why is this so hard?!

0 Likes
Re: Worst upgrade experience ever
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

kokopuffsLA

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes