Orbi with my older stuff.
bigblue8081

What's up guys. I have one of the older actiontec routers. The one with the orange bezel. I also have 2 network extenders. I already know I need to increase my speed because if all the wireless devices I have accumulated over the years. I have seen that it looks like I can connect the Netgear Orbi to my existing router (coaxial) and use the orbi with the satellite extender. If that's true can I still use my actiontec extenders that are connected with coaxial? It seems pretty easy to do just wanted to know if I can use those extenders to boost my signal. I have terrible reception in my 1350sq foot stick house in NYC. My router is on the second floor. Was hoping the orbi could fix all the issues. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Orbi with my older stuff.
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sure you can. The lan port on your actiontec will connect to your orbi. Then you would place the other orbi a few rooms away. I would even go into the actiontec and turn off the wireless in that so only the orbi is broadcasting wifi. To log in go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser and input user name admin and password will be on router go to basic wifi setting and turn off the radio. 

0 Likes