Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,184 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Re: Having trouble with the gingerbread update
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

You could also try pulling the battery, sliding out the SIM card, waiting 30 seconds then reseat SIM, replace battery, power up and manually check for software update (home/menu/settings/software update/check new

This didn't work for me......

NotoriousBILL

Did you get the GB update that was pulled (2.11.605.3)? or is this your first "attempt" at GB update to 2.11.605.5?

If you got the first GB push where Verizon pulled the OTA because of bugs you might need to get a Verizon HTC technician involved to help (either at corporate Verizon store with onsite technician or possibly escalating a call to technical support calling *611). 

No

??? your "No" is for Did you get the GB update that was pulled (2.11.605.3)? or  is this your first "attempt" at GB update to 2.11.605.5? 

Maybe you can ask a Verizon technician to flash a RUU (ROM Update Utility) for you at an onsite service center. I don't think they would be amenable to providing you with a PG05IMG.zip and MD5.  Only drawback to this would be your phone would be "factory reset" (wiped) during the process. I can't see why Verizon wouldn't pursue this option before CLNR is done, could be just a bad SW load and installing a fresh, MD5 verified package could resolve the problem a lot of users seem to be experiencing.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.