Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
uncorrdinated
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Multi-room DVR Issues: Unable to locate hub, interrupted recording, skipping during playback

(2,831 Views)

Hi Guys,

I was wonderng if you could help me.   I have been a FIOS customer for many years and have a multi-room HD DVR and 2 HD set-top boxes.   I have always had some problems during playback on some recordings where the picture and sound will skip, but over the last several months some new problems have appeared.  Frequently during playback of recorded shows the recording will stop playing and I will get a message on the screen "unable to locate hub".  I then have to power off the STB, reboot and when I go to the dvr option I have to refresh the devices before connecting to the dvr again.  If this happens while a show is recording then the recording stops and then restarts causing the show to be split into 2 recordings.  Sometimes I get a message "You have reached maximum playback on DVR".  This really frustrating and I would like these issues resolved.   I have the older HD dvr, 1 new hd set-top box, and 1 old hd stb.   The playback issues happen on both hd stbs.  We don't usually watch shows on the dvr itself so I am not sure how it performs during playback.  1 other note that might help troubleshooting is that I can't seem to display the IMG in full screen on the dvr.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Randy R.

Who Me Too'd this topic
Modal Dialogue Title