Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,751 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Congested 4G During Most of Day
Cripes
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few weeks back I called Verizon after having a couple months of very slow 4G speeds. I started "troubleshooting" myself by running the Speedtest.net app. Anyway, I was sent a new SIM card (that did nothing to help) but thought I'd humor Verizon by letting them send me a new one. EVERY day I can use my phone between the hours of about 11pm and 7am and I will receive download speeds of 5-15 Mbps. Between about 7am and 11pm the speeds are horrifically slow. About 0.7 Mbps or worse. It's obvious network congestion on the towers I'm connected to near my home. I haven't called Verizon back, but after reading about the same issue from many other people on here I wonder if it's even worth my time to call them and play the game of denial on their part. It's funny, too, because I can drive 10 miles, connect to different towers, and have decent 4G speed. Then in 10 minutes drive back home and the speed is horrendous. Verizon, what do you recommend I do? I already had trouble tickets opened but was basically told there were no known issues in my area. My college educated brain tells me I have a correlation between time of day, download/upload speed, and obvious usage or lack of usage based on the times I'm receiving acceptable or unacceptable speeds.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.