Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,395 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

I have a wireless home phone connect device. Can call out on it when dial tone present, but most times cannot receive calls since purchase. Anyone else having a problem with their home connect device?
jsavage9621

Have had Wireless Home Phone connect device refreshed and updated three times since I purchased it in September 2014. Last tech I worked with on it initialized an NRB to check the network. I checked the location of the tower, which is less than one mile up the hill with clear line of site. The device always has two antennas on it. The device is great when it does work, but most of the time it rings three times and then jumps to an automated message saying the person I am calling is not available. I've actually gone up there several times to try an fix the device, but always end up calling a Verizon tech who has me unplug it, pull the battery, and they do some network stuff and then we turn it back on and it works. After the last time on 10/02/14, I called it and got the message. I drove up there, 100 miles one way, and called it while standing in the room. Got the same message. I picked up the phone, heard a dial tone and dialed my phone and it range through. I hung that phone connected to the device and call it using my cell phone. It rang through. I went home and tried to call it the next day. Again it did not ring through and I got the message after three rings. I call another phone at the facility and had them call me on my mom's phone and it is fixed it again. The fix last for a day or two and then it's broken again, like it is today. If it's a network problem then it must be fairly close to the area because no matter what we do it fails again. So much for the 99.98% reliable. This thing is a piece of junk!

I purchased this device and put it on my plan so that my mother who we placed in a home at 96 years old would have a phone connection that she could use and wouldn't flip her out. My family and her family has not been able to faithfully connect with her at this critical time in her life. I am giving Verizon 10 more days to figure this out and then I am going to ask for a total refund not to mention how much time and travel I have put into this piece of junk. Either the home connect transceiver is broken or the network is broken. Why should I pay close to $70 for a service that has not worked more than several days out of 35 days? Also I have spent close to three hours on the phone with decent technical people, but it's my time. I should send Verizon a bill for every time I have gone up there to fix this device as well.

What perplexes me is that a regular cell phone would have sufficed, but because Verizon has to have a data connection that is not available on a regular phone and it was going to cost me $30/month, I decided to go with the home connect. Seemed like a nice solution for an older person who would have a hard time using a cell phone and keeping it charged. Plus after all the fees for getting it connected, it only cost $20/month. That would be a pretty good thing, IF IT WORKED....... The other thing that irks me is, why do I have to pay for a data connection when the cell phone Verizon originally provided can't even access the network. What ever happened to adding a phone line for $10 bucks\ month? All I wanted was a simple phone. She would not be able to use anything more complex and all she needs is a phone line period.

I have no problem paying for something that works and does what it should, but this is ridiculousness. The MTF on this device is somewhere around 1 to 2 days. Out of 365 days that's about a 96.5% failure rate....... Want my advice? Get ride of this device. It sucks and it's bad marketing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.