Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,438 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this solution

Re: Correct Procedures for G3 Lollipop Update
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks to this post, my G3 now looks identical to the way it did before, but with Lollipop running underneath it instead of KitKat.  Since I'm not being distracted by the raft of hiccups plaguing other owners, I can appreciate the fact that Lollipop does seem marginally faster than KitKat at everything, and this IS as it should be, but I'll stop short of saying this update was worth the effort.  Before doing the update, I made notes to remind myself how my phone was setup: I recorded settings for the phone, settings for specific apps, email server addresses, and a list of just which app appears on which screen of the phone.  Arguably, I should have done this long ago because this is not the first time that I've had to hard reset my phone.  I also backed up everything to three different clouds: Verizons (a slow-poke), the one for CM Backup (faster), and Google's own servers (for photos and gmail contacts).  That last part was unnecessary, but I didn't trust VZ Backup since it didn't allow me to browse my backed up contacts, even though it does in fact back them up. Anyway, I spread that prep work over a few days because -- believe it or not -- I do have other things to do besides updating my phone.  Once started, the hard resets (2 of them), the install, and the effort to reconfigure my phone to it's previous setup took about 4 to 6 hours.  Waiting for the phone to drain down to nothing was no big deal since it is usable in that time, but waiting for it to fully recharge in a powered-off state is something best left doing while you are asleep or in some capacity where you don't need the phone.  Now everything seems to be working perfectly, but the cost of getting it this way required more effort than any "user-friendly" device should demand. 

Who I have the same questioned this solution
No ratings to display.