Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Who Me Too'd this topic

BCSvzfios
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Terrible Service: Fios Gigabit is a Complete Fraud

(3,128 Views)

I've been paying for Fios Gigabit internet for more than three months now, and have NEVER gotten anywhere near gigabit as advertised (and no, not anywhere near the less-than-gig service that Verizon passes off as gig).

I've removed everything from the network. I've restarted the router. I've tested on mornings, evenings, weekends, even the middle of the night when there should be nobody around. Would any of that matter if I was truly receiving internet service over fiber? No, it should not. And the speed test on Verizon's site has you run through twice, then just prompts you to call customer service (who can do nothing, either).

This is a complete waste of money, and has made me regret ever signing up for Verizon Fios in the first place. I've been a VZW customer for more than 15 years, and the terrible service of Fios has me reconsidering even that side of my purchasing. I'm at a loss for words at how frustrating this fraudulent "service" really is.

I'm only attaching speed tests from the end of last month and today -- I've done testing dozens of other times, but today's tests are somehow the highest I've ever gotten. The tests from January are about average for what I usually see in Upper Marlboro, MD.

DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER REQUEST: I need a Verizon employee to contact me, please. Understood that these forums are intended for p2p remediation, but other customers will not be able to correct "service" provided by a company that doesn't even allow you to email customer service anymore. If my residence is truly hooked up for Fios Gigabit -- like I've been paying a RIDICULOUS amount for since November -- then why have I never received anything even close to those speeds?

Who Me Too'd this topic
Modal Dialogue Title