Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Network extender not helping SMS or MMS
ButtersBottomB

Hello everyone,

I have been with Verizon for such a long time, and I am unfortunately getting to my breaking point with them. 

I have an Android Note 5 and I cannot get MMS or SMS messages.  I figured it was a network thing because I was also having problems with my old Galaxy S4, and my work phone is a Galaxy S5 (all with verizon), and still have issues.  Basically the messages dont download, and if they do, it is delayed by almost 30 minutes.  Really annoying, I know. 

Anyways, I ended up spending money on a network extender, and it really does help my phone calls, but it does not help with my text messages, and that isnt good because it is supposed to, and it is really frustrating to get messages and never see them, because they sit "unable to download" status.  

Here is the funny thing that I just found out.  I am on hold with technicial support (for about 30 minutes now, seriously), and all my text messages and group messages are going through and coming in, with no problem!  I come to the conclusion that this is possible because I am on the network extender now because I am actually on a phone call.  So my signal is actually being boosted. 

How can I get the network extender to work when I am not on a call, so I can receive and send MMS and SMS messages??

Let me know if I am not making sense...I am tired. 

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.