Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
leeeeeeeem
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon reported me to a collection agency

(2,483 Views)

Hi, I cancelled my Internet service with Verizon in June, one day into a new cycle, and at the time, I was told to wait for my final bill as it would adjust since I stopped my service one day into a new month. After nearly three months of waiting, my bill did not adjust and remained at 2 months worth of service. I contacted Verizon to see why my bill had not changed and I was told THEN that I owed Verizon 2 months worth service because I had not stopped service the day before. This was disappointing enough since I was told wrong information and had I been told that I had to pay for an entire month, I would have made sure to stop service the day before.

I then paid my bill, only to receive a letter from a collection agency a few days later (dated before I paid, but only received after). I called the collection agency because at that point I was confused as to if they had taken the debt from Verizon/if my payment had gone through/and if they would report me to the credit bureaus. They told me that my payment was settled but that I would have to contact Verizon's recovery department to prevent this from impacting my credit score.

I am frustrated because I have not been able to reach the recovery department and at this point I dont know how to solve my issue. 

Who Me Too'd this topic
Modal Dialogue Title