Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,510 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Re: Android 5.1.1 update????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless can't release anything it doesn't have. Google released the base code to the manufacturers. The manufacturers (Samsung) has to adapt the code to the specific model. They need to work with the various hardware components to get them tested and certified to work with the updated code. Once Samsung deems it complete, they send the update to Verizon Wireless for testing and certification on the Verizon Wireless network. Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code during this process. If there are issues, the update is sent back to the manufacturer (Samsung) for revising and the process starts over again. If the update is approved, then Samsung and Verizon Wireless work out a schedule to release the update to the customers as soon as possible.

Since Samsung isn't open about their update process there isn't any official way to know exactly where an update is in the whole schedule. However HTC and Motorola has published details on how the process works. From their information, each phone is worked on independently and some devices take longer than others.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.