Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,815 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Re: Note 4 screen stays on after notification
Agent222
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the 5.1.1 update I believe on the 11th give or take a day. I noticed the issue when the phone kept getting hot in my pocket. When I pulled out the phone I noticed the screen was on. (this normally didn’t happen) I cleared the notifications then turned the screen back off. Given how often it started to happen I began observing the phone behaviors more closely. I’m not an avid app downloader so the few on my phone have been downloaded millions of times and I stick to apps on the play store. So here is what I have so far…

Left on its own the screen will time out normally from the lock screen and the home screen

An email alert is not the issue. The screen successfully timed out

A Text message alert is not the issue. The screen successfully timed out

A calendar event notification replicated the issue. I use the stock Samsung calendar that came preinstalled on the Note 4. It is linked to my google account

Phone settings are as follows…

Smart Stay is on but I made sure not to be within direct eye sight of the phone while conducting tests

Screen timeout is set to 1 minute and I waited 3 minutes before ending the test and turning off the screen

Note 4 model # SM-N910V

Android Version 5.1.1

Android security patch 2015-12-01

Kernel Version 3.10.40

Build # LMY47X.N910VVRU2BOK3

Any ideas to help stop calendar events from keeping the lock screen on?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.