Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon over charging its customers

(1,627 Views)

I am truely disgusted with how these internet providers care more about thier bottom lines than the customers that make them rich. I wanted to upgrade my internet speed and was forced to give up my "dvr for life" promotion to do it. I was given a promotion to update to fios gigabit connection which i did in Dec 2018. This was an increase of my total bill and i had the option of paying for router or renting it. I decided to pay for it up front and it was added to the next bill. My new bill after the router was paid for was supposed to be $203.09 a month but i have been charged after that initial bill with the router $276.74 which i initially didnt catch until last week. it was after hours when i discovered the overcharge and decided to chat with a rep to discuss. the person i talked to said that the $203.09 was the amount prior to the "additional services" charges.  I wasnt sure but at that point couldnt agrue with him. i was quite taken aback that the natural of my call was about a high bill and prior to ending the call wanted to see if i wanted to add another premium channel for "only" $10 more dollars total insentivity.  I then found the original email which showed the the "additional Charges" were included in the $203.99. I then started a new chat. The second rep found the error and a discount was not added but only offered to extend my deals expiration date. I have paid an extra $70 a month this might be nothing to Verizon but it's a hell of alot to me and i wanted my money. The rep then put me back on hold and then came back saying that she would have the amount refunded, which i felt better about. I am still angered by the whole process. I still days later have not gotten a email confirmation or any documentation to show our conversation. I do not like how we as customers are treated and after 19 years of service they will be losing my business!!

Who Me Too'd this topic