Switch Account

Who Me Too'd this topic

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
(2,176 Views)

I have been a Verizon customer for many, many years and have had an ongoing problem with my home telephone service from Verizon for many, many years. I live in the heart of the biggest city in the most advanced country in the world, and yet I cannot obtain reliable land line telephone service in my apartment/home no matter how hard I try. I have one jack and one phone (wired). The problem is not inside my home. I have had dozens of repair calls in the last ten years, but the problem has steadily become worse and worse. At this point, my landline is often down--that is, completely out--for days and weeks at a time. And, when there is a dial tone, I frequently have so much static that I still cannot use my home phone. The technicians who respond when I put in for repair tell me that the problem is that when it rains the cables are coming out of the junction box. They also say that the S1 and S2 cables are crossing at the junction box. They blame the old copper cables and tell me that they need to be replaced, which of course Verizon will not do. They also tell me that I need to get FIOS--which is not available in my building--or I should get Voice Link (a temporary device that works as a cellular hot spot). I do not want Voice Link; I want the normal land line service that I am billed and pay for every month. The technicans tell me that they refer my ticket to maintenance, and that maintenance "will get to it a week from now"--but they also tell me that maintenance cannot or will not actually make a permanet repair (which would be to replace the cable). Meanwhile, I spend hours and hours trying to get someone helpful on the phone. Over and over I am promised credits but do not get them:  Sometimes I am told that Verizon knows my phone is down and will automatically credit my account for the days that I do not have service. (Not true!) Other times, in a wonderful catch-22, I am told that Verizon cannot issue a credit until the problem is fixed, but of course the problem is never fixed! And at other times I am very sincerely promised a specific credit but the credit does not come through. 

Everything points to this being a known problem that Verizon fails to correct on purpose but continues to bill me for. At what point can this accurately be characterized as stealing from a consumer/customer? Verizon is required by law to do better than this; it boggles my mind that they are able to get away with what they do here. I've seen previous Forum posts describing extremely similar experiences by others.

Finally, does anyone know if there is still an Executive Complaint Line that I can call or write a letter or e-mail to?

Who Me Too'd this topic