Switch Account

Who Me Too'd this topic

Contributor
Contributor

Verizon gigabit speed tests are inaccurate!

(1,968 Views)

after upgrading to gigabit from 150/150 i had noticed lower speed test results. note these are not verizon speed tests because they are 100% a lie. they do not give you accurate results and there is no reason for a third party speed test will lie about results but there is a reason for verizon to lie! (because they want to sell you the bundle and have you as a customer) please also note if you are going to run a speed test on your own and have gigabit some services/tests only support up to 700mbps so make sure you chose the right one. when i run speed tests on my own (wired connection) i get a wopping 100mbps download over a 70-80mbps upload.. if i run a verizon speed test its going to tell me that i do recieve that 940/880. that is complete and utter garbage. i was recieving better service when i had the 150/150 plan. i understand that the speeds on the gigabit are "UP TO" and not exactly that number at all times but its quite annoying not being able to do what i need to do when i have internet speeds that dont allow it. 

Who Me Too'd this topic