Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,837 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Re: Update lg g4
Ed10pe

Found another thread where a user seems to identify the problem. The upgrade seems to have affected the proximity sensor at the top of the screen, which senses the screen protector and won't turn on. Don't know why it sometimes turns on and sometimes doesn't. But in order to be able to get the phone to turn on, I had to remove the screen protector. I see that the screen protector on my old LG had a cut out so that the protector wasn't covering the proximity sensor. I decided to see if I could cut a notch in my current screen protector so that it wouldn't cover the proximity sensor, but I can tell you from experience that that will not work! That's silly resulted in major cracks throughout the whole protector, and a jagged edge. Anyway, if your phone wont turn on and you're not near a power source, you can try peeling away the screen protector from the proximity sensor and it should turn on

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.