I have a VMS1100 and four IPC1100s. The IPC1100s all use ethernet for content delivery. I recently changed my network setup and now they no longer work.
Previously, my Verizon Gateway (port LAN1) connected to a Linksys business class 24 port gigabit switch (port Gi24). All wired connections had internet access and all IPC1100s worked properly.
I ran out of room on the Linksys switch, so I recently configured a 48 port Cisco Catalyst 3560G switch to replace the Linksys. LAN1 on the Verizon gateway is wired to Gi0/48 on the 3560. Everything works properly, except for the IPC1100s. They will connect to the network, pull an IP address, and show guide data, however the live video just a black screen.
I have confirmed that:
- The IPC is pulling a valid IP address from my DHCP server
- The IPC is in the same subnet as the VMS
- Both the IPC and the VMS are pingable at their respective IP addresses
- The IPC can access guide data and other Fios widgets
- If I wire the IPC directly to the Verizon gateway LAN port, or wire it through the old Linksys switch (ie: IPC --> Linksys --> VZ Gateway), it works properly
- There is traffic flowing through the associated port on the 3560
It seems like a 3560 configuration issue, but I'm at a loss as to where to start. Is there something special these IPC clients need in order to show live TV?
Solved! Go to Solution.