Switch Account

Who Me Too'd this solution

Employee Employee
Employee

Re: Ask The Expert: Have a Question about Smart Home? The Expert is Here!

(2,834 Views)

Welcome to the automated world of smart home, Khories! My favorite smart home devices are very much influenced by my apartment lifestyle. Since my building provides heating/cooling units in unit, door locks and security measures, I only need certain smart home products. That being said, my favorite smart home gadgets are:

1. A voice assistant to provide weather updates, timers, measurement conversion, music, and more.
  2. Smart light bulbs to control and automate the lighting based on my needs. Plus if you buy colored light bulbs, you can create fun scenes like “Underwater” using blue and green lights.
  3. Smart plug to turn regular electronics into a voice controlled or programmable devices. Typically, I’ll use a smart plug to automate my not-smart water boiler for french press coffee in the morning. Now that the holidays are approaching, I use my smart plug to control my Christmas tree lights and avoid maneuvering below the tree.

Although my favorite devices are a result of my apartment lifestyle, I would still recommend these devices to people who live in houses. If you live in a house, you should also consider a smart thermostat to control the temperature of your home from the comfort of your bed and smart security cameras to monitor package deliveries. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution