Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,055 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this solution

LTE Dead Zone / Dead Spot in Tallahassee, FL
kenneththomasjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't know the proper forum to do this but I at least wanted to make someone aware of the coverage issue around the Apalachee Parkway area in Tallahassee, FL. A few coworkers and locals pass through this area daily and have noticed the same issue. Now that our newer smartphones are capable of operating via Voice over LTE (VoLTE) it is more noticeable and have become a larger issue. Coverage is perfectly fine on the 3G network but VoLTE call quality tend to degrade or sometimes VoLTE calls may drop when traveling through these areas because of the inability to hand-over from VoLTE to 3G. This is specifically true at the intersections of Apalachee Parkway/Capital Circle and Blairstone Road/Paul Russell Road. Also should I mention LTE coverage seems to be weak and speeds are sometimes slow in the immediate surrounding areas.

I live in the area and sometimes my phone would switch to "3G" or "Extended 1x". I am using iOS 9.3 Public Beta on my iPhone 6s and my phone now works Wi-Fi Calling majority of the time I am at my home which helps.

Is there something that could be done? Please assist. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this solution
No ratings to display.