Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
MarkL24
Contributor
Contributor

TV keeps freezing - Fios One Mini

(12,066 Views)

I have Fios One TV and internet. Got it installed about 2 months ago. My router (G3100) and main STB are on my 1st floor in the front of the house and my fios one mini STB is upstairs in my bedroom which is in the back of the house.

When watching TV upstairs in the bedroom, the picture freezes every 25-30 seconds. The problem has been going on for a few weeks now intermittently. At first I thought it was only at night (bc that’s when I mainly watch TV in the bedroom), but I occasionally notice it during the day as well. The mini STB is connected via coax. 

I’ve called Verizon support and gone through 1-2 hours of trouble shooting (rebooting the box, them telling me they’re testing things on their end..). But no avail. Sometimes rebooting the router helps but recently it hasn’t and it’s a pain to go downstairs just to do that.

Any ideas on how to resolve? I may try and move the router to an upstairs bedroom to see if anything changes (even though I don’t think the Wi-Fi should impact this at all). My concern is I want the strongest possible Wi-Fi on my 1st floor where my wife and I work... and I want it to reach down to my basement and out to my patio (it currently does).

Who Me Too'd this topic