Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Who Me Too'd this topic

luek22
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to replace G1100 router with MoCA 2.5 adapter and my own router

(323 Views)

Hi,

So I should have done more research on this before buying equipment, but I already bought a goCoax MoCA 2.5 adapter and a Tp-link AC1750 router.

My current setup looks like this:
ONT in the basement <---coax up the side of the house---> G1100 router in my bedroom

And I want it to look like this:
ONT in the basement <---coax up the side of the house---> goCoax adapter <---ethernet---> AC1750

I have really no experience with networking, but from what I read in other posts it seemed like this setup would work. The problem is that everything powers on and works in the new setup except for one very important part: the MoCA light on the adapter doesn't come on. I read that the ONT uses MoCA 1.1 WAN at a frequency of 1000MHz to send to the router. I'm able to get into the goCoax adapter's web configuration, and this is what it looks like:

Screenshot 2021-07-11 at 10-34-23 Moca Setup.png
I have no idea what most of these settings mean, even with the descriptions on the side there. LOF originally was set to 1150 and I changed to 1000 because I thought it might be the frequency. But could be completely unrelated, I have no idea!

I'm wondering,
1. Is what I'm trying to do even possible?, and
2. If so, what do I need to change in the MoCA adapter settings to allow the signal to come through?

Who Me Too'd this topic
Modal Dialogue Title