Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Galaxy S7 Edge Rear Camera Glass Shattered!
duffstuff

While attempting to take a photo yesterday, it was blurry, so I turned the phone around to wipe whatever was on my camera lens.  Imagine my shock when there was nothing on the glass, but the glass itself was SHATTERED!  There is a hole in the middle, like someone shot it out!  Interesting side note: The glass is shattered OUTWARDS, not inwards, like it was impacted.

This phone is owned by an adult and has been baby-ed... full front and back Zagg covers, highest rated Otterbox installed since day 1....NEVER dropped, shaken, bumped, impacted, etc.  I was flabbergasted!  How did it just break???  When I got home, I googled s7 edge camera, and dozens of similar stories popped up.  One post said to call Samsung for a manufacturer's defect to see how they would handle it.

Like the others who posted before me, I spent 2 hours on the phone INSISTING to Samsung that this was NOT customer induced damage.  They told me I could send it to Samsung  to be "evaluated" but I use my phone for work.  This is not an option.  Next I tried googling a repair for this issue, but due to full glass covers front and back, a fix is not readily available.

Someone PLEASE help me.  The superior camera was one of the reasons I chose this phone!  I repeatedly asked the Verizon guy who sold me the phone if this phone was more fragile than the regular s7, and he assured me it was just as tough.  A camera lens exploding OUTWARDS on it's own is not tough.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic
No ratings to display.