Feedback and Suggestions
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the opportunity to give my feedbacks and suggestions.

I have made several posts in the past couple of days and experienced the following:

1.  I prefer to search for an answer before posing a question to the community.  However, it took me some time to find the search box.  Please make the box larger, the space is available.  Also, I was searching for the Verizon Speed Test.  The database concentrated on one word: Speed.  For 5 pages the majority of the results were for FIOS.  It was just too time consuming to go any further.

2.  I just completed typing a message in another category.  The typing area and page kept slipping up.  I spent half the time scrolling down the typing area and page to continue typing. 

3.  I use the same username/password for my Verizon bill and this forum.  Why must I sign in again if after viewing my bill, I wish to visit the forum.

Thank you for this opportunity to voice my concerns.

0 Likes
Re: Feedback and Suggestions
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Cora

Thank you for being so detailed. I will definitely pass this along for consideration.

When you are searching for something very specific, use the Advance Search link as opposed to the Search window.  Once you get there, choose the window that says "exact phrase", and then enter "speed test" or whatever topic you are searching for.  There are other options on the page such as searching for all the words in a term, or any of the words.

As for the scrolling up, what browser are you using? It may be a glitch with that particular one.

As a moderator, I don't have the answer to your question about the sign-ins, but will see if we can get a response from someone who does. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Hello Elizabeth,

Wow, that was fast.  I returned to edit my post to find you had already responded.  Thank you.

To answer your question, I am using Internet Explorer 7.  I will try using FireFox and post back my results.  Although, I am not having this issue on any other site using IE.

Exactly where is the Advanced Search link?  Could not these search features be combined somehow?

I wanted to read the announcements but after a few paragraphs, I stopped.  To complete each line I was forced to scroll back and forth, since I do not have a wide screen monitor.  I do not understand why the announcements are in such a format, yet these message boards are not, thankfully.

May I suggest one format be chosen for the entire community and that it not be the wide screen format.

Also, again the typeface is unnecessarily small and too light.  I love reading through forums, including the announcements and wikiis, since this is how I learn.  Here the typeface, for me, especially in these areas has made this very uninviting.

I understand our community is going through growing pains and it is certainly not my intention to be insensitive.  However, I am an "intermediate newbie" who is older than 35+Smiley Wink  I think the points I make are important to me and many others in my age and experience (computerSmiley Very Happy) bracket that come here for assistance.

Finally, I must admit to being extremely impressed with the quick assistance in this community.  Compared to everything else in a forum, timely plus helpful assistance is paramount.  It is what keeps me coming back.  Kudos to you all!

Gratefully,

Cora

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you look at the bottom of this page, on the left you will see the Search window, and to the right of it, a link that says "Advanced". That is how you get to the more detailed search page.

How the forum and posts display for you, can be partly due to the set up of your computer.  You may want to change the size that font is displayed in. Or, you might want to adjust the size of your screen display. This is done under Settings/Control Panel/Display/Settings.  The font size can also be changed here under Settings/Control Panel/Display/Appearance.

If this is the only site where you have problems, a mouse that has a magnifying feature, might be of some use to you.

The site will undergo an upgrade shortly, and perhaps many of your issues will be resolved.

0 Likes
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the suggestions.

I am now using FireFox and found the width of the Announcements board to be the same as the message boards; no scrolling back and forth. But there is a spacing problem between the lines.  Still better than scrolling back forth.

Thanks again. 

0 Likes