Object to the sheer awfulness of this forum
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon's website here is the absolute worst I have ever seen for a major company.  All of its log-on procedures violate every basic standard of web security.  I could not log on at all from Firefox, and I could only log on in IE by turning off every normal security setting.

This typifies Verizon's approach - old, slow, visually ugly and completely clueless about Firefox (!) and normal security settings.  Verizon's UNencrypted email setup is just another example.

No other major company's website is as absolutely terrible as yours.

Don't like my complaint?  Too bad.  I'm paying you monthly for DSL service, and it's third-rate for the money and what's out there in the rest of the world.  The sheer terribleness of your websites is just another example of your hide-bound, crappy level of service.

Re: Object to the sheer awfulness of this forum
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Um, I can log into the forums from Firefox just fine, as well as IE and Chrome, without disabling any security settings at all. What page specifically are you accessing? Are you using a community id or your Verizon id?

Justin46
Legend

@somegirl wrote:

Um, I can log into the forums from Firefox just fine, as well as IE and Chrome, without disabling any security settings at all. What page specifically are you accessing? Are you using a community id or your Verizon id?

Absolutely correct, as she always is. I have also used Firefox, Chrome, and IE to access the forums, all work just fine, no changes to any security settings. And in addition I have quite a few Add-ons in Firefox and Chrome, and none interfere.

Are you by change using Firefox 4 and/or IE 9? I use Firefox 3.6.16, and IE 8.

As to Verizon not using encryption on their email, the login is encrypted, and from a Meet the Expert topic a month or so ago, they do intend to encrypt all email later this year using SSL - no date specified.

Honestly, if you feel that strongly about these issues, you really should just go find another provider. You certainly don't need to use the forums to use Verizon's DSL service, and there are plenty of email providers that would I guess satisfy you better if encryption is a major issue (which it isn't to me). 

Keller, TX 76248

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I wouldn't say always, but I do try. I am also interested to knwo what version(s) of the browsers you are using, as that may be the critical difference.