The quote option in forum is missing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In both the mobile view and the desktop view this forum and another one also powered by Khoros, the option to quote the person being replied to is missing for me when I access this site and the other from my phone. Can someone from the forum management team please investigate and fix? 

imageimage

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The quote option in forum is missing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ann154 wrote:

Can I please get an update if or when the quote option could be resolved in the near future? Out of all the options in the text editor that is probably the feature I use the most and not having it has hampered my ability to to engage fully in the community forums I participate in. 

Woo Hoo! The quote function has returned when accessing the forum with a mobile device. 

Solved! Thanks to the administration of this forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Accessing this forum from Chrome on a desktop/laptop computer does show the expand tools in the reply screen including the quote option.

0 Likes
Li-Anthony
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello Ann, 

Thank you for bringing this experience to our attention. We're looking into it and will update when a solution is found. 

Cheers, 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for responding and I look forward to hearing the resolution. 

FYI I can see the option to expand the tools in the reply dialog when I access this site from a 7" tablet using Chrome browser in landscape orientation. The issue seems to be restricted to smaller devices like phones. 

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @Ann154,

@Ann154 wrote:

Thank you for responding and I look forward to hearing the resolution. 

FYI I can see the option to expand the tools in the reply dialog when I access this site from a 7" tablet using Chrome browser in landscape orientation. The issue seems to be restricted to smaller devices like phones. 

We appreciate this additional information. We are looking into the issue and will let you know once the team finalizes their investigation. 

Thank you. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Ann154

The team has gotten back to me regarding the quotes issue. It is occurring because of a change that was recently done. The change only includes the most basic buttons.

On mobile devices, where screen real estate is at a premium, the toolbar includes only the most common actions:

Undo
Bold
Italic
Bullet list
Styles
Insert link
Insert image
Insert video

We are working to add the quotes back for mobile devices.

Thank you for your patience. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Nilsa_VZ wrote:

Hello @Ann154

The team has gotten back to me regarding the quotes issue. It is occurring because of a change that was recently done. The change only includes the most basic buttons.

On mobile devices, where screen real estate is at a premium, the toolbar includes only the most common actions:

Undo
Bold
Italic
Bullet list
Styles
Insert link
Insert image
Insert video

We are working to add the quotes back for mobile devices.

Thank you for your patience. 

How about adding the option called, expand toolbar that exist on PCs? Please see screen shot(s) to see what I mean.

Thank you

imageimage

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The expand button would be more helpful than the current configuration. The other thought I have is allowing the user to customize it in their profile settings much like you can customize a toolbar in Word or Excel programs. 

Of the options in the list, bold, italics, and insert image are the only ones I would use regularly from a mobile device. The rest are items I just don't use and if I did, I would maybe once a year. For example, I never post videos and even if I did I would likely post them from a computer instead of a mobile phone. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I'm reading the linked thread correctly, the toolbar should already be editable by the administration of the site if the site is using that version of the Editor for message writing and editing. 

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Blog/Introducing-Editor-v2-Enhance-your-Message-Edi...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nilsa,

Is there any update on this issue? There were at least three instances in the last hour where I wanted to quote someone, but couldn't because the option wasn't available on my phone's browser. 

0 Likes