Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

SMBs Don't Ignore These Legal Issues

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus ‎03-29-2010 08:34 AM

Jule H.JPGGuest blog post by Julie Hansen, COO/Publisher of Business Insider, an online destination with extensive financial, entertainment, green tech and digital industry news.

Customers. Revenue. Product. These are the things that excite us about running a small business. Contracts and legal matters are typically the topics that get pushed to the side when we're busy.

But ignore them at your peril! By not tending to simple, preventative legal practices, a small business can open itself up to frivolous lawsuits.

As COO of Business Insider, I'm responsible for legal affairs for our business, meaning it's up to me to keep us out of legal hot water. 

That's why I'm particularly excited about last week’s webinar presented by the Verizon Small Business Center: How to Avoid Frivolous Lawsuits, featured Business Insider's "Law Review" editor, Erin Geiger Smith. We shared tips on avoiding potential lawsuits from investors, partners, employees, and competitors. Plus we even discussed employment contracts, managing legal documents, and answer a number of questions.

If you missed the FREE Webinar, click here now for the replay.  Learn how you can protect your business from legal trouble.

Below are some key online resources for your reference:

Feel free to post a comment and share some of your legal tips for other small businesses.

Modal Dialogue Title