Re: 502 gateway message on email
heb33

Any update on this   --I still can't get into email ----can't get a hold of verizon -HELP!!!!!!!

0 Likes
sarap2
Enthusiast - Level 1

can't get on email.  the message 502 bad gateway appears.

0 Likes
Kaz521

Getting it in Boston too, still this morning... pretty slow response from Verizon I think getting those servers talking to one another

0 Likes
kingmeow1

Just to add another data point.  Northern NJ, happened about 5pm yesterday (17Dec2016).  It first manifested as a 504-Gateway Time Out error and after a few hours it became a 502-Bad Gateway error and has been this way as of this posting.

If you are using IE as your browser you will also be asked to save/download a "driver" but does nothing when you say Yes.  So ignore that if you get it.  Chrome gives you the 502 error right away.

If you go to Verizon.com and log in that way you will see your first few e-mails listed.  But you can't drill down any further resulting in a 502 error.  If you tried working with your e-mail on your phone (and I'm assuming tablet), it will work, using the same internet connection at home.

As an experiement, I also tried using Verizon's cellular network 4G LTE by turning off my phone connection to my router, thereby eliminating my "network" (which, by the way, Verizon Tech Support loves to blame to any and everything on!).  Same results, 502 error on Webmail.  So it's totally their network, which we know by now.

I'm not even going to try and  call them as I'll get someone outside the US who would read a script and don't know their left hand from their right hand.  The last time I had an internet outage a few days ago, I had to school the tech on the line on how DHCP and IP assignments work after he said that my DSL modem is too old and that's why I can't get the internet.  They offered to send me a new one to get me to shut up, sorry didn't fall for it.  Old doesn't mean it doesn't work!  24 hours later I had internet service again.  Geeezzz!  Looks like that old modem is wroking again.  🙂  Sorry for the digression.

0 Likes
Kaz521

The only way is to use verizon mail via smartphone.. I can still get mail on iPhone

0 Likes
kingmeow1

Son of a gun!  Right after I posted this, it seems Webmail is working!  Fingers crossed (big time) that it will stay up!

0 Likes
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lodenaqu,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Gateway error
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi carolynd1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Gateway error 502
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MishaMaggie,

0 Likes
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sarap,

0 Likes