571 Server IP is blocked HELP!
Knotnow1

Hi-

I noticed last Thursday that mail to any verizon.net email addresses was bouncing back with a 571 error:

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]: 571 Email from 108.61.44.xxx is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system.

I had seen this bounce before awhile back when we moved to a new server/IP and I found that the IP we were assigned back then used to be an open-relay. The IP we are on now is clean, I've checked all the spam listing services, everything is a green check. So, I followed the directions to whitelist my IP using the form linked in the bounce message and submitted the form. I was almost instantly emailed back a canned response denying my whitelisting request, saying:

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: 

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

I manage my own dedicated server. I have been in business for ten years. I do not send out spam & I make sure we always use best practices when sending  emails.I've checked everything I can think of  for days, I've submittted the whitelist request several times, and we are still blocked. If I only knew what the issue was, I would correct it right away.

I have also been a FIOS customer since 2008. Please help me!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 571 Server IP is blocked HELP!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Knotnow,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Knotnow,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Knotnow,

We confirmed that your IP has been added to the white list, and you should have no more issues with traffic. If you have any further questions about the service, please make a new post and we will be happy to help in every way that we can.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes