Action Required important changes to Verizon email
mamacatb

I tried to change my email settings on my iphone and now get no messages and no email on web mail either.  I reset my phone to the old settings and received my mail but not all the messages returned.  Please advise what to do.

0 Likes
Re: Action Required important changes to Verizon email
jayluc0711

I changed my settings for pop and smtp and my email worked and now it does not....what is wrong???

0 Likes
Poconopca

Same problm here!  Changed settings on the iPhone, they didn't work.  Re-did the old set-up and back to normal.  Now my Verizon net mail can't send e-mail!  COme on Verizon, get it right!!!!!!!!!!!  Verizon netmail does'nt need anything chnaged, per Verizon.  So what can't I send mail??   verizon mail: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required

0 Likes
Hmeek
I restored my phone from a backup and everything returned. ( even sent mail sent way after the backup date.)I did not have any problems with incoming or outgoing mail, though, just sent mail. DO NOT LET TECH SUPPORT TELL U TO DELETE THE ACCOUNT FROM YOUR DEVICE--once u do that the sent mail will not repopulate no matter what. I have been on the phone with both Verizon and apple tech support to no avail. Verizon claims they do not save sent emails anywhere on the system , and apple says mails are not backed up in an iTunes backup. The repopulated sent folder contents had to come from somewhere, but nobody can tell me where. My advice is restore and leave the old settings. See my other post about this: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Changing-mail-server-settings-per-Verizon-s-request-c...
0 Likes
lvtwmn1

I also can not receive email or send email on my iPhone. Everything is fine on my MacBook Pro, but those settings do not work on my iPhone. THis has been going on all week and I am pretty fed up at this point. Incoming.verizon.net doesn't work and neither does pop.verizon.net.............somebody please straighten this out. This is ridiculous

0 Likes
bfj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  I got a new Kindle Fire yesterday, and finally got the email working, talking to the VZ mail server.  Used the new pop and smtp settings, and everything was fine until  a couple of hours ago.  Now can send mail out from the Kindle, but it claims there is no mail on the server to receive.  I leave the mail on the server, I can receive and send mail fine from Thunderbird on my laptop, and can receive and send from VZ webmail. I The only thing I did do if remove a bunch of old mail from the server inbox, so it wouldn't get downloaded to the kindle.  But now there are lots on messages in the server inbox (including new email from the kindle) and the kindle is not seeing it.

bfj
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPdate :  I gave up and left it alone for a while.  Verizon must have done something, since I just magically got all the email on the server delivered to my Kindle Fire inbox. 

0 Likes
crosswise1

Do I need to change the settings to receive/send email on my kindle fire, or not???  When I go to the websites mentioned in the notification email, they are not helpful at all.  Am I changing them on the kindle fire, or on my PC?  Verizon staff, have you even bothered to look at the websites you mention to see if they actually ARE helpful or user friendly?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

YES, you need to make the changes.  They are planning on disabling the old servers.

Review that you made all the changes.  Make sure you complete shutdown and restart your phone/device.

Some have found it works better to define a  completely new server using the new settings.

There Must Be Dozens of  Threads on making these changes for Iphones and other devices.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@crosswise wrote:

Do I need to change the settings to receive/send email on my kindle fire, or not???  When I go to the websites mentioned in the notification email, they are not helpful at all.  Am I changing them on the kindle fire, or on my PC?  Verizon staff, have you even bothered to look at the websites you mention to see if they actually ARE helpful or user friendly?

You need to change the settings anywhere you are checking your email other than via the webmail site. (Anywhere you have the old incoming/outgoing.verizon.net settings, you need to update them.)

0 Likes