adding some e-mail addresses
tvalentijn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have one e-mail address (firstname.lastname@verizon.net) but I'd like to add some other e-mail addresses for the kids (kid1.lastname@verizon.net / kid2.lastname@verizon.net etc). I think my FIOS account comes with 5 e-mail addresses?

How can I add these extra e-mail adresses? I want them to completely separate, with their own passwords so I can set them up on different computers and the all act independently. Your help is appreciated!

Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: adding some e-mail addresses
Justin46
Legend

@tvalentijn wrote:

thanks, but there is no choice for 'Manage Sub-accounts'. The only choices I see under ACCOUNT ACTIONS / Internet are:

View Bill

Manage Broadband Essentials & Extras

Alledged Copyright Violation Notification

Change Internet Plan

View Repair Status

Check Order Status

Share the Network - Join Now

There is also a SUPPORT choice, but it's not under there either. I actuall tried Verizon support via chat but they could not help me either. And I also called Verizon three times but got disconnected before I could talk to anyone. Frustrating...

Here is what I see:

Clearly the option should be there IMO. I guess it has to do with how your account is set up, apparently something is missing, but I have no idea what.

What if you start at MyVerizon and go at it this way:

Then following that link do you see this:

If so you should be able to add the sub-accounts there.

If you don't see how to do it using this route, I have no idea, sorry.....

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Easy. Log into MyVerizon, then on the right side under Account Actions, select the Internet tab if needed, then Manage Sub-accounts, and click on the Add a new Sub-account button. You can add up to 9 sub-accounts.

Keller, TX 76248

tvalentijn
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks, but there is no choice for 'Manage Sub-accounts'. The only choices I see under ACCOUNT ACTIONS / Internet are:

View Bill

Change Internet Plan

View Repair Status

Check Order Status

There is also a SUPPORT choice, but it's not under there either. I actuall tried Verizon support via chat but they could not help me either. And I also called Verizon three times but got disconnected before I could talk to anyone. Frustrating...

I also found an 'add sub accounts tool'. It opens up a new page with the following tabs:

Account Overview

Bill

Payment

Account Profile

My Perks

and it defaults to Account Profile. But there is no choice for sub accounts... Unbelievable!

Justin46
Legend

@tvalentijn wrote:

View Bill

Change Internet Plan

View Repair Status

Check Order Status

Here is what I see:

Clearly the option should be there IMO. I guess it has to do with how your account is set up, apparently something is missing, but I have no idea what.

What if you start at MyVerizon and go at it this way:

Then following that link do you see this:

If so you should be able to add the sub-accounts there.

If you don't see how to do it using this route, I have no idea, sorry.....

Keller, TX 76248

tvalentijn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Justin - great, this worked.Thank you so much.

Tim

Justin46
Legend

Tim,

Glad it helped. Assuming that you have now added at least one sub-account, I wonder if the first option I pointed to now works? As I said, I see it, but I have several sub-accounts already defined, maybe that link only shows up after at least one sub-account exists.

Just a thought.....

Keller, TX 76248

tvalentijn
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi Justin,

you know what - I thought exactly the same when I finished the sub accounts. But.... still the menu option still did not show up. So it must be something with my account settings that makes the web page not be generated as one would expect it to.

Ciao,

Tim