Any recent changes to Verizon POP/SMTP?
danbar1op

I have been getting errors all morning that my SMTP server isn't responding in my Outlook.  Also, there has been no email going to my Smart Phone.  I am getting email in Webmail.   Anybody know? 

0 Likes
Re: Any recent changes to Verizon POP/SMTP?
peters4

same issue here - webemail works, but cannot receive email via pop/smtp

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
peters4

thats not the issue - i've had those settings for over a year and today am unable to receive email via pop,,..web email works ok.

Verizon must be having pop email issues

0 Likes
gkurr
Enthusiast - Level 1

i've had the same problem since yesterday.  I just changed my outgoing server from "smtp.verizon.net" to "outgoing.verizon.net" and it started working again as a temporary fix.  I'm guessing Verizon is having some issues.

merlin021311

I am having the same problem as it just started monday nite / tuesday morning ???

Webmail works fine but POP mail is unavailable . I tried a network trace but cannot decipher the trace packets to find smpt traffic . Just an http error packet and it seems like html / port 80 which is wierd ...

0 Likes
danbar1op

I did notice that the port numbers were different than what I had.  I updated, even though what I had was working yesterday.  However, it still isn't working.  Something must have been changed by Verizon or they are having issues.  

0 Likes
Leno77

I am having the same problem - can send email but as of about 5PM on May 20, 2014 have not been able to receive emails.  I had the settings as indicated: pop.verizon.net,etc.

Now I just changed back to incoming.verizon.net, port 110 and unchecked use SSL and my email is now working. So what gives. 

I think Verizon is having issues with their pop server.

0 Likes
va47babe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all...

I had the same issues that started with my email accounts (to PC, to laptop and to my smartphone).  I went out and changed my settings to pop.verizon.net for incoming; smtp.verizon.net for outgoing and set my ports to 995 for incoming and 465 for outgoing.  Still nothing.  Then, I found in the link that someone else in the group posted that the SSL had to be enabled on both the incoming and outgoing functions.  Once I did that, everything seemed to be back up and running.  Worth a try.  The SSL settings are in the Advanced tab after clicking on the More Settings button in the setup dialog box.

Good luck.  Getting through to Verizon via phone this morning was a joke.

Rob3h3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on live chat now with someone and it's NOT the settings have changed.  There's an outage and a ticket number  

MAH5003654 is the ticket number.