Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Any recent changes to Verizon POP/SMTP?

danbar1op
Contributor
Contributor

Any recent changes to Verizon POP/SMTP?

Message 1 of 19
(2,895 Views)

I have been getting errors all morning that my SMTP server isn't responding in my Outlook.  Also, there has been no email going to my Smart Phone.  I am getting email in Webmail.   Anybody know? 

18 REPLIES 18
peters
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any recent changes to Verizon POP/SMTP?

Message 2 of 19
(2,853 Views)

same issue here - webemail works, but cannot receive email via pop/smtp

Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 19
(2,820 Views)
peters
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 19
(2,812 Views)

thats not the issue - i've had those settings for over a year and today am unable to receive email via pop,,..web email works ok.

Verizon must be having pop email issues

gkurr
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 19
(2,804 Views)

i've had the same problem since yesterday.  I just changed my outgoing server from "smtp.verizon.net" to "outgoing.verizon.net" and it started working again as a temporary fix.  I'm guessing Verizon is having some issues.

merlin02131
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 19
(2,776 Views)

I am having the same problem as it just started monday nite / tuesday morning ???

Webmail works fine but POP mail is unavailable . I tried a network trace but cannot decipher the trace packets to find smpt traffic . Just an http error packet and it seems like html / port 80 which is wierd ...

danbar1op
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 19
(2,769 Views)

I did notice that the port numbers were different than what I had.  I updated, even though what I had was working yesterday.  However, it still isn't working.  Something must have been changed by Verizon or they are having issues.  

Leno77
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 19
(2,726 Views)

I am having the same problem - can send email but as of about 5PM on May 20, 2014 have not been able to receive emails.  I had the settings as indicated: pop.verizon.net,etc.

Now I just changed back to incoming.verizon.net, port 110 and unchecked use SSL and my email is now working. So what gives. 

I think Verizon is having issues with their pop server.

va47babe
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 19
(2,697 Views)

Hi all...

I had the same issues that started with my email accounts (to PC, to laptop and to my smartphone).  I went out and changed my settings to pop.verizon.net for incoming; smtp.verizon.net for outgoing and set my ports to 995 for incoming and 465 for outgoing.  Still nothing.  Then, I found in the link that someone else in the group posted that the SSL had to be enabled on both the incoming and outgoing functions.  Once I did that, everything seemed to be back up and running.  Worth a try.  The SSL settings are in the Advanced tab after clicking on the More Settings button in the setup dialog box.

Good luck.  Getting through to Verizon via phone this morning was a joke.

Rob3h3
Contributor
Contributor

Message 10 of 19
(2,637 Views)

I'm on live chat now with someone and it's NOT the settings have changed.  There's an outage and a ticket number  

MAH5003654 is the ticket number.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title