Re: Any recent changes to Verizon POP/SMTP?
danbar1op

Thank you.

0 Likes
RodSchaffter
Thank you for reporting it. I can send mail, but not receive POP mail since last evening...
0 Likes
ACH1

Same problen here as of 2pm 5/21/14 , Outlook does not connect to web mail but web mail works O.K.

0 Likes
gbc1988

Thanks for the info.  My email stopped working as of 7:00 pm on 5/19.  As reported...Windows Live Mail and iPhone email no longer working...only through webmail.  You would think this would be a priority to Verizon?

0 Likes
merlin021311

Norwood Mass still has issues at 5:00 PM . Not happy as its a pain to use my web account ... Anyone know any updates about the problem or time to fix ?

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes
ACH1

Things got back to normal here late yesterday afternoon and are still working as of this morning (5/22/14 ).

It would seem there should be a way to notify customers by a mass emailing that there is a Verizon problem. I spent two hours trying to fix what I thought was a problem with my computer. Shamefull.

0 Likes
Any recent changes to Verizon POP/SMTP?
Fergus155
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thunderbird spontaneously became unable to connect to Verizon pop/smtp servers, ports 995/465. Verizon webmail still works ok.

Fix?

0 Likes
BakerStreetMuse

Similar issue here.  Verizon's outgoing.verizon.net started getting really slow about two weeks ago and exceeded the fixed timeouts for Thunderbird and Mac Outlook 2011. The only thing that can still send successfully is Windows Outlook, which allows the SMTP timeout to be set manually (works for us at 1m). Port selection makes no difference. Anything with a low timeout will fail with an SMTP timeout.

I don’t have time to deal with Verizon support, so will likely switch to our hosting provide or Google for outgoing.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BakerStreetMuse wrote:

Similar issue here.  Verizon's outgoing.verizon.net started getting really slow about two weeks ago and exceeded the fixed timeouts for Thunderbird and Mac Outlook 2011. The only thing that can still send successfully is Windows Outlook, which allows the SMTP timeout to be set manually (works for us at 1m). Port selection makes no difference. Anything with a low timeout will fail with an SMTP timeout.

I don’t have time to deal with Verizon support, so will likely switch to our hosting provide or Google for outgoing.

You should be switched to smtp.verizon.net instead of outgoing.verizon.net as well as pop.verizon.net instead of incoming.verizon.net by now.  The old servers are going going ...

0 Likes