AOL mail error setting up
IchthusAg
Enthusiast - Level 3

En endless loop "Uh-oh! We ran into a problem while creating your new mailbox, and we need to start over. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Please click here to start again. If this happens more than once, please tell us."  

"start again" just reloads the same error page and doesn't actually let me try again.

"tell us" is a link to en email where they will get back within24 hours.  

to get someone to chat with you have to pay for an upgrade.  So I am forced to crapo AOL and then have to pay to get service that i already pay for to Verizon.   

I get mey email on line from outlook.com, but it is no longer refreshing my email there eaither.

DO. NOT. LIKE. AOL. 

0 Likes
Re: AOL mail error setting up
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you starting from the Verizon webmail page to reach the AOL setup?  In Florida I had no trouble setting up the AOL email after Verizon said mine had been switched.

0 Likes
IchthusAg
Enthusiast - Level 3
@tns_2 wrote:

Are you starting from the Verizon webmail page to reach the AOL setup?  In Florida I had no trouble setting up the AOL email after Verizon said mine had been switched.

I've come at it from AOL, from Verizon, on Chrome, Firefox, IE and all on three different devices and continue to get the error.

I click the "tell me" link and copy and paste the error and get a message "expect to hear back for us within 24 hours.  

It's 3 days later and I haven't heard back yet.  

0 Likes
Sierrawatch

Count yourself lucky.  I got to the "enter validation code" page, and asked that a validation code be texted to my cell phone.

I've now gotten over 12 texts on my cell phone, each with an activation code - none of which works. Also gotten over 12 voice messages, again, each with an activation code, none of which works! Verizon tech support shuttled me over to AOL support - where I've now been on the phone for over an hour - each time getting no help and being passed along to someone higher up.   What a complete disaster.

0 Likes