AOL- Verizon email not filtering Spam
ArmyVet1

To be very specific I have a AOL-Verizon email account and use Microsoft Outlook 365 as my main email program.  I also have access to the actual AOL - Verizon webmail website.

NOTE:  Normally, spam type email has been correctly filtered to the Bulk Mail folder on Outlook and to the Spam folder on the AOL-Verizon webmail site.

Lately, that is not the case.  About a month ago there was a flood of spam going directly to the Inbox.  It was fixed before but now it is happening again (as of early August 2022).

AOL-Verizon please keep on this and get it corrected.  Get your spam filters working again please.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: AOL- Verizon email not filtering Spam
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't really have any involvement with "@verizon.net" email addresses. For a while AOL was an indirect part of Verizon, but was subsequently spun-off.

I, too, have a grandfathered @verizon.net email address which has been subject to periods of receiving heavy amounts of spam.

I did some investigative snooping, checked all of my email addresses and found out that the verizon.net was involved with two data breaches. None of my other email addresses were. This would explain why my verizon.net account is the only one subject to these bouts of intense spamming.

I use stock email apps on my Samsung smartphone and Microsoft Surface computers. As the spam arrives, I add the sending addresses to the spam list on my smartphone.

The spam onslaught has been stopped for now, but I fully expect it to resume at some point.

When that happens, I'll delete the verizon.net email address from the computers and relegate it to the smartphone.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't really have any involvement with "@verizon.net" email addresses. For a while AOL was an indirect part of Verizon, but was subsequently spun-off.

I, too, have a grandfathered @verizon.net email address which has been subject to periods of receiving heavy amounts of spam.

I did some investigative snooping, checked all of my email addresses and found out that the verizon.net was involved with two data breaches. None of my other email addresses were. This would explain why my verizon.net account is the only one subject to these bouts of intense spamming.

I use stock email apps on my Samsung smartphone and Microsoft Surface computers. As the spam arrives, I add the sending addresses to the spam list on my smartphone.

The spam onslaught has been stopped for now, but I fully expect it to resume at some point.

When that happens, I'll delete the verizon.net email address from the computers and relegate it to the smartphone.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes