ATTACHMENTS NIGHTMARE!
JOEOO6

Never had ANY issues opening attachments with Comcast Internet ... changing over to FIOS Internet has caused me no access to downloading ANY ATTACHMENTS. I, primarily, use my laptop for business and am at my wit's end at this point. Any attachments start out opening, then it states it can't be opened. My PC opens attachments which was changed over to FIOS at the same time but I need my laptop as I am always out on business. Please help as I'm not in the mood to speak to someone or go through 1,000 voice mails. Thank you and Happy New Year!

0 Likes
Re: ATTACHMENTS NIGHTMARE!
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

What you describe doesn't sound like a FiOS problem.

What anti-virus / firewall are you running on your laptop?  Did you make any changes to a/v - firewall recently?

0 Likes
JOEOO6

Nothing that I have changed. I was not present when the FIOS/Verizon tech did what he had to do with my PC and laptop. As I said the PC downloads but not my laptop. What steps do I need to do to resolve issue? Thanks.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Whew....I would never allow anyone to tinker with any of my computers out of my presence.

Anyway...what anti-virus / firewall do you have running on your laptop and what on your desktop PC?

Are you running the same operating system on both?  Same version of Windows, etc?

Are you using the same email client on your laptop and desktop PCs?

And what exact message do you get when you try to open an attachment in an email on the laptop?

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't say how you access email.  Various Web browsers and email clients automatically block opening attachments of various types.  Usually there is a way to specify allowing them to open.  And various antivirus/insternet security suites block such as well.

0 Likes