Being Called a SPAMer while contacting the SPAM Company
Joe213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reached the point where I am just fed up with the SPAM I get in my inbox.  So I have decided to contact the sender and Company the spam is for.  BUT  verizon blocks me from Forwarding the original message back to the source or to the company that the spam is for..

How come verizon can't stop the spam getting to me, instead of checking it when I sent it back to the source?

Re: Being Called a SPAMer while contacting the SPAM Company
frustrateduser9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I gave up on this issue a while ago.  I tried forwarding them back to Verizon and they just bounced back also.  In the last 10 hours, I have received 93 spam messages, and all obvious spam.  Verizon even sends me messages that my mailbox is almost full - maybe if they would get a decent spam filter, it wouldn't be full.  On top of that, they are blocking legitimate marketing emails that I subscribe to.  I have given them the email addresses of the messages that should not be blocked, set the addresses up as safe senders - nothing works.  I finally gave up and got a gmail account to receive the emails that Verizon is blocking. 

0 Likes
Re: Being Called a SPAMer while contacting the SPAM Company
Joe213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with using gmail for all my Personal business.  As for getting 93 emails in a short time.  Have you started clicking the unsubscribe options and then using the source info to copy and paste the ISP address right into the BLOCKING portion of your verizon email.  It is located under Settings > email Settings > Blocking

I have been able to reduce my spam significantly.

By the way NEVER EVER use siteblog.com for ANYTHING.   They are a SOURCE SITE for SPAM.  All I did was register with their site and within about 4 hours had 150 spam emails.  But after 6 weeks of turning the emails back on them with a request to remove me from ALL of their SPAM lists. I have now gotten down to about 3 emails a day from their "affiliates".

0 Likes