Can not send emails; has anyone firgured it out yet?
glmk001
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what I have been getting for days now.  I really hate to call those out source people.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'incoming.verizon.net (1)', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 206.46.232.12 (206.46.232.12:465), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

I can recived but not send at all.

Re: Can not send emails; has anyone firgured it out yet?
tns
Master - Level 2

Outgoing port for smtp is 587 last I checked, not the standard 25.  Incoming is standard pop3 port 110..

SSL is not supported on these ports.  APOP password authentication is supported.

For SSL try outgoing 465 and incoming 995.

Justin46
Legend

@tns wrote:

Outgoing port for smtp is 587 last I checked, not the standard 25.  Incoming is standard pop3 port 110..

SSL is not supported on these ports.  APOP password authentication is supported.

For SSL try outgoing 465 and incoming 995.

@verizon doesn't seem to be able to get their act together on this whole issue of what ports to use when you are using an email client vs. using webmail where no port specifications are needed. For example, I have 3 @verizon.net email accounts, and I have each one defined differently just so I can see what works and what doesn't work:

@On Verizon network, using @verizon.net address

#1 Ports 465/995 with SSL

#2 Ports 587/110 no SSL

#3 Ports  25/110 no SSL

And they all work! At least right now, this morning, and when I am connected directly to the Verizon network (FiOS). But whether they all will work for everybody is questionable I think, I suspect it may depend on which Verizon email server you are communicating with, I don't think they have them all set up exactly the same way (just my guess, I really have no idea).

Now if you are using a PC email client and try to use Verizon's email servers when you are off-network connected to some other ISP, or when you want to send or receive using non-Verizon email addresses while connected to the Verizon network, I think this is where there is a lot of confusion. And I don't pretent to have the answers, but I think this is correct (please, sombody correct me if I am wrong!)

@off Verizon network, using @verizon.net address

Works: Ports 465/995 with SSL (I defintely use this when I am on the AT&T network, last used a couple of weeks ago)

Works: Ports 587/110 no SSL (worked on AT&T network until I switched to 465/995 a couple of months ago, not used since)

Doesn't work: 25/110 no SSL (originally worked on AT&T, quit working several years ago)

@On Verizon network, using @XXXXXX.net address

Works: Ports 465/995 with SSL (just tested using Gmail address)

?????: Ports 587/110 no SSL (not tested)

Doesn't work: Ports 25/110 (error sending "Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 63.160.156.12 (63.160.156.12:25), connect timeout Server: 'mail.ntin.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No") but does receive emails successfully

Edit to add: Keep in mind that when you are trying to use another provider's email on the Verizon network that you really need to make sure to use whatever the servers for that provider require. It may or may not be one of the "standard" ports. My tests here are for specific email providers, Gmail and a small ISP named Nortex (NTIN).

I am using Windows Live Mail as my email client but I don't think it will matter which client is used.

Feedback/Corrections?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@glmk001 wrote:

This is what I have been getting for days now.  I really hate to call those out source people.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'incoming.verizon.net (1)', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 206.46.232.12 (206.46.232.12:465), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

I can recived but not send at all.

This is what Microsoft has to say about that error. There are several valid troubleshooting steps listed, but the one I would try first is disabling your Security software. There are many Security programs that have an outbound email scanner that can interfere with your client's ability to connect.

As an aside, it looks like your pc is trying to hit the outgoing server on port 465 (206.46.232.12:465), despite being configured for 25. This could be causing a problem, and you might try configuring it to use 465 to see if that helps.