Re: Can not send emails via my computer
farbri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having same problem from computer....no outgoing all of a sudden.  Gives a 450 error.  Receiving fine and can send via my phone OK on the same account.  Husband not having any issues on his laptop, which is using Outlook with a second email in our Verizon account.  so its just one laptop, suddenly can't send but phone works fine and other email addresses in same Verizon account working fine also.  **bleep**, O? 

0 Likes
Steve33331

I gave up on hold once I saw that others were having same issue. I believe it is a server issue on Verizon/Aol's end. This happened a few years ago and it started working after a few hours. As far as I know it has been down for over a day. 

0 Likes
Peanut412

I cannot send emails from my outlook on my computer or from my phone.

0 Likes
bearsfolks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like it is working now. On both computers that I tried it on.

……...At least, for now!

0 Likes
btanchors
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still not working for me, consistently, since early this morning (about 8:00AM EDT, Tuesday 4/7).

0 Likes
Milvar1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check out this link. It seems that AOL is limiting 3rd party Apps from accessing e-mail. You need to generate an app specific password from your AOL e-mail Security settings to access and send e-mail from Outlook. I was able to do this on my Outlook 2007 to access and send e-mail. Still can not send e-mail from my other computer with Outlook 2003 despite setting up a separate password for it.

forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3057578

quilt191

It's working now for me on both Outlook and Android phone.

0 Likes
glonj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out that the problem appears that the Login name now needs to include @verizon.net. I found a post on the internet from 2009 that mentioned something like that but ever since Verizon transitioned email to AOL, our Login's configured in outlook and Mail used just our email addresses names without the @verizon.net and has worked perfectly fine for better than 3 years. Something must have changed overnight at AOL that no longer recognized the Login name without @verizon.net on their outgoing mail server. Even Verizon's Faq at

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/setup-email-mobile-device.pdf

indicates the Login should be without the @verizon.net (page 6). I added the @verizon.net to the Login name on all accounts on all platforms and everything is now working fine. So much for the $14.99 monthly cost of customer service from AOL.

Original problem first surfaced for us on 4/7/2020 affecting POP3 accounts set up using different @verizon.net email accounts on separate PC and iPad devices using Outlook and Mail clients. No problem with incoming just outgoing. Suspected an issue with smtp.verion.net so tried contacting AOL but after 3 hours on hold and only a few minutes speaking to anyone live and having had to subscribe to the $14.99/mo support servcie, the only thing anyone could say was that something with our mail client must have changed. Well that was total **bleep** give that multiple platforms and clients and email accounts were affected. After searching for answers on the internet while waiting on hold, I came across a 2009 post long before the AOL migration that talked about needing the @verizon.net in the Login so I gave that a try and it worked and when I applied the same fix to the other accounts, devices and clients, our problems were resolved.

0 Likes
Steve33331

mine is working again

0 Likes
Milvar1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still can not get send e-mails from my Outlook 2003 desktop application. I can receive e-mails.  I get an error message that there was no response from the server and to verify that the port and SSL information is correct.  I am using smtp.verizon.net for outgoing server and port 465 with SSL enabled. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes