Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Can receive email. But will not send. Outlook 2010

SOLVED
smy31191
Contributor
Contributor

Can receive email. But will not send. Outlook 2010

Message 1 of 4
(10,473 Views)

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). That is the error message i am getting my SMTP is outgoing.verizon.net. I have no clue why its not working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JustaGuy
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Can receive email. But will not send. Outlook 2010

Message 3 of 4
(10,467 Views)

@smy31191 wrote:

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). That is the error message i am getting my SMTP is outgoing.verizon.net. I have no clue why its not working

Check your Outlook Settings for your account.  Make sure the outgoing port is set 465 and SSL Encryption.

In Outlook:

Click

"File"

"Info"

"Account Settings"

"Change"

"More Settings"

"Advanced"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Moderator

Message 2 of 4
(10,469 Views)

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

JustaGuy
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 4
(10,468 Views)

@smy31191 wrote:

Check your Outlook Settings for your account.  Make sure the outgoing port is set 465 and SSL Encryption.

In Outlook:

Click

"File"

"Info"

"Account Settings"

"Change"

"More Settings"

"Advanced"

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(10,446 Views)
On the more settings screen, hit outgoing server and make sure you have "my server requires authentication" &"use same as incoming" If that doesnt work, the autofix tool at the website works well. www.verizon.com/repair
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title