Re: Can't Access E-mail on Mobile Devices
Criticon

I had the same issue with my iPhone 5. I could only get emails when I was in a Wi-Fi environment. Apparently Verizon changed some settings on their server a few weeks ago. My Apple store deleted my verizon.net account on my phone and then added it again.  Solved the problem. Wouldn't you think Verizon could let their customers know when they do something like that? 

0 Likes
Criticon

Delete the verizon.net account and then click "Add Account" and enter your email information again. Apparently Verizon changed some server settings a few weeks ago. 

0 Likes
Criticon

Apple did fix the issue on my iPhone 5. Deleted verizon.net account; then clicked "Add Account" and re-entered my Verizon email information. Problem solved. 

0 Likes
icilim

This does not work, at least not for me.  Did you reboot the phone after deleting the Verizon account?  Nothing will work.  And no one will own the problem.

0 Likes
whwiii

see this thread

No response from - pop.verizon.net - or - smtp.verizon.net

may be a similar problem

0 Likes
icilim

Thanks, whwiii.  Seems this is indeed the same problem.  No response from pop.verizon.net since 17 Sept.  I am living in Ireland and wanted to keep my Verizon.net e-mail prior to moving.  It was working great on all my mobile devices for two months and then mysteriously stopped at the same time it stopped for everyone else, which was also the same day Apple released the faulted iOS 8.0.1.

Someone on the thread you have been posting on mentioned something about overseas customers, but seems the problem is somewhat random in and out of the U.S.

0 Likes
Different Twist - iPad and Android phone - No verizon mail from Wifi
Joetallyho
Enthusiast - Level 1
IPad3 w/iOS 8.0.2 and Samsung GIII. Travelled to Brazil last week and now in Western Canada with being home in NJ over the weekend. When in USA, no problem with E-mail over wifi or Verizon Wirless. But, when outside USA, no e-mail when connected to wifi only on both devices. But, when connected to wireless carriers and wifi off, I get email.

The problem with this is the very high charge of wireless data internationally. Any clues why wifi international e-mail is blocked?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They were attacked about that date from Foreign locations.  Its not clear if they stopped all access, some access, or only revoked some accounts if being accessed overseas.

CONTACT THEM to find out.  see http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/td-p/744863

0 Likes