Can't forward or replay to emails from android smartphone or tablet while connected to WiFI.
dzwick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot reply to forward an email when connected to my in home WiFI.   I can compose a new email, and it sends fine.  I get a failed message only when trying to replay or forward.   I can reply and forward fwith no isses on my home lapton from the netmail.verizon.net sie. 

When I turn off WiFI and go to 4G, I can forward and reply from my phone and tablet with no issues.  I assume there's a setting somewhere I need to change.  I currently upgraded to the new FiOS Quntum Gateway router.  ANy assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't forward or replay to emails from android smartphone or tablet while connected to WiFI.
dzwick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out the issue.  I had to change to settings on the outgoing mail server.  smtp.verizon.net, SSL, port 465

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't forward or replay to emails from android smartphone or tablet while connected to WiFI.
dzwick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out the issue.  I had to change to settings on the outgoing mail server.  smtp.verizon.net, SSL, port 465

0 Likes
kalg

I reported this very same issue to verizon on 10/4/2014. The techs seem to be clueless. Shocked at the poor customer service. I did extensive testing to help narrow down the failure, but have received poor service - including telling me every day it will be fixed by end of day. I was told Thursday verizon was working on the issue and was committed to resolving the problem Saturday. I called Today (Sunday) to check the status and I'm told the trouble report was closed - that it was fixed. By the end of Sunday I was told there was nothing they could do. What a waste of 8 days. In my case 4 accounts fail on my cell phone ( all verizon accounts) the other 3 accounts which are not verizon work fine. Verizon dsl points finger at samsung and verizon wireless. I've been with verizon and verizonwireless exclusively for a very long time. It's time to change as they don't value my loyalty. So, I'll have to hold my nose and move my broadband service to comcast (ugh) and check out somebody like T-mobile for cellular service. Actually, never before have there been so many options and vendors to choose from.

0 Likes
JJinTx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I have same issue from my Verizon supplied Galaxy 5S phone and LG Tablet. Both worked great up to about a week ago. I can receive email but not forward or reply - I can create a new email and it sends just fine. I was on the phone for 1.5 hours with Verizon Wireless and it was suggested I go to Verizon customer service (my land line, DSL provider). Currently, email works fine on my laptop and PC. I do not use any third party email program (Outlook, etc.) I justusetheVerizon providedweb mail. I can't blame it on WiFi as that is what the laptop uses.  I really think the issue is with their mobile app. That being said, I tried the fix (above) of changing SSL and port 465 and all I got was the "email failed to send" error message a lot quicker. I did download and install "My Fios" from Google Play even though I do not have Fios. It connected to email and worked, but still I was not able to reply or forward. I uninstalled it  (as a side note, I saw that it connects directly to web mail and when I deleted an email, it was deleted when I went back to the PC. In the past I was deleting from PC, phone and tablet all separat;ey)  So I am at a loss. I'vetried everything I can think ofbutwould really loveto get this resolved. For now I am replying bu sending a new email with the text from the original pasted in. Not a great option. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Rick-n-HB

Same issue here. After years of successful POP3 connection via Samsung/Android via WiFi to outgoing email servers, it just stopped working. Incoming still works. If I turn off the WiFi on the device, the LTE connection works. The PC which is hardwired to the DSL still works as well.

Outgoing email over WiFi on an Android device to tne Verizon outgoing email servers is flat out broken.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rick-n-HB wrote:

Same issue here. After years of successful POP3 connection via Samsung/Android via WiFi to outgoing email servers, it just stopped working. Incoming still works. If I turn off the WiFi on the device, the LTE connection works. The PC which is hardwired to the DSL still works as well.

Outgoing email over WiFi on an Android device to tne Verizon outgoing email servers is flat out broken.

Nope it works.  Lots of other recent problems but that is not even one that is really possible considering you said your PC works.  Verizon cannot tell the difference between a PC or an Android device coming over you  DSL connection.

Check your settings.  They were changed a bit over a year ago.  Check your router to see if it is restricting anything.

More info needed, REMEMBER YOU ARE TALKING TO PEERS HERE NOT VERIZON.

@If yahoo/verizon email user make sure you add @verizon.net to your userid.

0 Likes
dzwick1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here are the instructions I found on the website:

To set up your Verizon Email in Android phone:
  1. Tap on Mail to set up your email account.
  2. Tap the Other (POP3/IMAP) tab.
  3. Enter your full Verizon email address in the Email Address field (example: username@verizon.net). If you forgot your username you may retrieve it online.
  4. Enter your password in the Password field. This is the password assigned to your Verizon username. If you forgot your username you may retrieve it online.
  5. Tap Next.
  6. In Incoming Settings enter Email address.
  7. In Incoming Settings enter Username.
  8. In Incoming Settings enter Password.
  9. Enter pop.verizon.net as the POP server under the Incoming Settings section.
    • If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the POP server field and type in incoming.yahoo.verizon.net as the POP server
  10. Select SSL in the drop down under the Security type.
  11. Enter in 995 as the Server Port.
  12. Tap on Next.
  13. In Outgoing Server Settings enter Username. (e.g. username@verizon.net)
  14. In Outgoing Server Settings enter Password .
  15. Enter smtp.verizon.net as the SMTP server under the Incoming Settings section.
    • If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the SMTP server field and type in outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net as the POP server
  16. Select SSL in the drop down under the Security type
  17. Enter in 465 as the Server Port.
  18. Tap the Next button.
  19. Tap Finish set up

To set up your Verizon Email in Apple iPhone and iPod Touch:
  1. On home screen Tap the Settings app.
  2. Select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab.
  3. Tap on the Add Account... tab.
  4. Tap on the Other tab.
  5. Tap on the Add Mail Account tab.
    • Enter your Full name in the Name field. This is the name that others will see when you send mail from this account.
    • Enter your full Verizon email address in the Address field (example:username@verizon.net). If you forgot your username you can retrieve it online.
    • Enter your password in the Password field. This is the password assigned to your Verizon username. If you forgot your password you can retrieve it online.
    • Depending on the version of your iPhone software, the Description field may be automatically created with the name Verizon. You can change the description to anything you like.
    • Once complete Tap the Next button on the top of the screen. Your iPhone may take a few seconds while it automatically determines your email settings. Please wait for this to finish.
  6. Depending on the version of your iPhone software, the Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server may already be added. However, these settings may need to be changed based on the portal partner you have.
    Ensure that pop.verizon.net is listed as the Host Name under the Incoming Mail Server section. If the Incoming Mail Server is not set as pop.verizon.net then simply Tap the field and correct it.
    • If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in incoming.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
  7. Your Outgoing Mail Server may already be listed as smtp.verizon.net in the SMTP field, however follow along with these next steps, as you will need to make changes in the following screen in order to send email. Also, if you use a Verizon portal partner you will need to modify the Outgoing Mail Server setting as well.
  8. Tap on the SMTP field.
  9. Click on the advanced tab, ensure that Use SSL is ON and Server Port should be set to 995.
  10. Tap on the Primary Server tab (shown here as smtp.verizon.net)
  11. If the Host Name is not smtp.verizon.net you can correct it here by tapping on the Host Name and typing the correct outgoing server information.
    • If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
  12. Ensure that Use SSL is ON.
  13. Tap on the Server Port field
  14. Enter in 465 as the Server Port.
  15. Ensure that Use SSL is ON.
  16. Tap the Done button on the top of the screen.

To set up your Verizon Email in iPad:
  1. From the iPad home screen Tap the Settings app
  2. Select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab
  3. Tap on the Add Account... tab
  4. Tap on the Other tab
  5. Tap on the Add Mail Account tab
    • Enter your Full name in the Name field. This is the name that others will see when you send mail from this account.
    • Enter your full Verizon email address in the Address field (example: username@verizon.net). If you forgot your username you can retrieve it online
    • Enter your password in the Password field. This is the password assigned to your Verizon username. If you forgot your password you can retrieve it online
    • Depending on the version of your iPad software, the Description field may be automatically created with the name Verizon. You can change the description to anything you like.
    • Tap the Next button on the top of the screen. Your iPad may take a few seconds while it automatically determines your email settings. Please wait for this to finish.
  6. Depending on the version of your iPad software, the Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server may already be added. However, these settings may need to be changed based on the portal partner you have.
    Ensure that pop.verizon.net is listed as the Host Name under the Incoming Mail Server section. If the Incoming Mail Server is not set as pop.verizon.net then simply Tap the field and correct it.
    • If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in incoming.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
  7. Your Outgoing Mail Server may already be listed as smtp.verizon.net in the SMTP field, however follow along with these next steps, as you will need to make changes in the following screen in order to send email. Also, if you use a Verizon portal partner you will need to modify the Outgoing Mail Server setting as well.
  8. Tap on the SMTP field.
  9. Click on the advanced tab, ensure that Use SSL is ON and Server Port should be set to 995.
  10. Tap on the Primary Server tab (shown here as smtp.verizon.net)
  11. If the Host Name is not smtp.verizon.net you can correct it here by tapping on the Host Name and typing the correct outgoing server information.
    • If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
  12. Ensure that Use SSL is ON.
  13. Tap on the Server Port field
  14. Enter in 465 as the Server Port.
  15. Ensure that Use SSL is ON.
  16. Tap the Done button on the top of the screen.
  17. Reboot your iPad for the changes to take effect.

0 Likes
thinsocal

This worked for me (smtp.verizon.net, SSL, port 465). Thanks, dzwick1!

0 Likes
Purr242
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dzwick1  thank you so much after countless hours with Verizon tech support who were clueless! You figured it out for me! Changed my settings and seems to work great! Thanks again and Happy Hollidays

0 Likes
BlueMoon67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I was having the same problem when I got a new android device. I could compose new, but not reply or forward. Changing those settings fixed it. 🙂 

0 Likes