Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Can't forward or replay to emails from android smartphone or tablet while connected to WiFI.

SOLVED
DeeNicki
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can't forward or replay to emails from android smartphone or tablet while connected to WiFI.

Message 11 of 12
(1,493 Views)

Just spent my Saturday on the phone with verizon.  Ended with them wanting to send me a new router.  All I can say is thank you to all those that think about and go to google.  Changing the security setting to SSL, and port (changed automatically) on my phone and tablet was all it took.    Thank you.  Thank you. 

caryl1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can't forward or replay to emails from android smartphone or tablet while connected to WiFI.

Message 12 of 12
(1,306 Views)

I want to add my thanks. My husband has had this problem for months on his Galaxy 5. Our mobile phones are from AT&T and they said it was a Verizon problem, since that is our Internet service. Verizon said it could not be their problem because he is able to get on the Internet from his phone, and therefore it must be CompuService, his email server. CompuServe is so old that AOL, which now owns it, is not supporting it anymore without a charge (he refuses to switch to Verizon, which I use, or Gmail). Finally I found this forum through Google, whcih said to change the SSL setting which automatically changed the port, and it works. We are both very grateful to those who gave this advice.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title