Can't keep connection to Verizon mail server
Name-Field

I'm having problems keeping a connection to the Verizon mail server using both Apple Mail and Microsoft Outlook for Mac on different computers at two different locations. I have several accounts that I monitor. When I open either application, all accounts make a connection with the server. However, after a short time, I notice that some—but not all—accounts drop the connection. After I manually attempt mail retrieval, the dropped connections are re-established, but I lose others. Accounts affected seem random.

All accounts have same settings:

in: pop.verizon.net

port: 995 using SSL

out smtp.verizon.net

port: 465 using SSL

auth: password

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Can't keep connection to Verizon mail server
MJLJr

I've had the same problem over the last 24 hours (since 7/8/15). I contacted Verizon and after some account checking on my computer, they said the problem was with my "MacMail" program and that I should call Apple.  I called Apple and after doing several checks (including screen share), the Apple Rep said it was a Verizon problem. Just then the Apple Tech told me he just got a "notice" from his upper Techs announcing that Verizon sent out a notice advising there was troubles with their system with this message from Verizon.:
"Email outage We're sorry, but we are experiencing an email system issue. Please check back in one hour."

The Verizon URL stating this can be found at: http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/troubleshooting/questionsone/...    That's all I can tell you at this time.

0 Likes
Re: Can't keep connection to Verizon mail server
Name-Field

I just spent an hour with various Verizon reps. At first, they tried to tell me that I'm entering my password incorrectly. After verifying that I was entering it correctly on webmail.verizon.com—and proving to them that I do know my passwords after years of use—they were at a loss. They suggested I reset my passwords.

Clearly, there must be something wrong wih the server or how Apple software is interacting with server. Having same problem on two different computers, plus experiencing same problem on iPhone email accouts...all cropping up at same time.

Too bad Verizon doesn't have the expertise to troubeshoot this...other than to say it's a password issue on my end.

0 Likes