Can't send emails - "suspicious activity on your account"
Warwick91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 sub accounts that have had outgoing emails stopped - a message appears that says that my email cannot be sent. This is a new problem that has started in the last 2 weeks.  One sub account was frozen for a week; the other has just been frozen.  I can log in and receive emails, and it is not a settings issue.  It appears that I am being flagged as a spammer, even though I am not..  No one has hacked into my account. 

I use Verizon Yahoo.  When I contacted Verizon technical support, it took a week to have one sub account returned to normal.   The "support" group had to contact someone in the U.S. to fix the situation.  Normally, if there was a terms of service violation - I don't think there was - the outgoing email service is frozen for 24 hours, not a week.  Now a second sub account has frozen outbound messages.  Although I do send out emails to groups of contacts, I stay within the service guidelines.  None of my emails are unsolicited.  I have tested various emails and settings, and it does seem as if the text of my emails is a "trigger,"  as the emails deal with political issues - no obscenity, threats or inappropriate activity.

Verizon technical support has been extremely frustrating, and I cannot get the problem solved or an explanation of the problem.  The most recent "script" from the overseas support people is to simply delete my sub accounts, together with all of the contacts and contents.  I said no.  I would like to speak with someone with systems knowledge who can tell me what is going on and whether it can be fixed. 

I am looking at dropping my Verizon services due to the tremendous frustrations I have experienced and the lack of competent technical support.

Has anyone else had these issues?  Could they be solved?  Is there a Verizon technical support group/escalation group that knows what this is?

0 Likes
Re: Can't send emails - "suspicious activity on your account"
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Can't send emails - "suspicious activity on your account"
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Warwick91,

We'll need to close your private support case thread for the time being since we haven't heard back from you in a while. Please feel free to respond in this thread if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

-Art

0 Likes