Cannot Access Email Using WiFi
hbfrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help Me Please:

I too have a Verizon Domain account. I also have a Verizon landline account. My internet provider is TWC. Since 9/17 I have been unable to access my Verzion email account using any type of wifi. If I use an LTE connection on my phone, etc. then I can access my email using my normal email client (Apple Mail). When this started I could not even sign in to my Verizon accounts, but that has resolved itself! I can now sign in directly to Verizon server to see my email there. So my email account works, but I can only use it by signing in directly to My Verizon. I have spent hours every day trying to get this resolved.  It is a Verizon issue and only they can resolve. Please help me or direct me to who can help. I see other posts for the same issues, starting at the same time my did.  If this does not get fixed or some type of valid explanation I too will be selling my Verizon stock (retired employee) and moving on.

Error Message Examples:

The connection to the server “smtp.verizon.net” on port 465 timed out. Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

INITIATING CONNECTION Sep 24 12:32:42.220 host:pop.verizon.net -- port:995 -- socket:0x0 -- thread:0x60800007aa80

INITIATING CONNECTION Sep 24 12:32:42.219 host:smtp.verizon.net -- port:465 -- socket:0x0 -- thread:0x608001a78380

All connection attempts fail using wi-fi.

All settings are correct

All passwords are correct

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Email Using WiFi
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi otthouse,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Email Using WiFi
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Please click the below link for a live chat to provide further assistance. Thanks.

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=Forums ^SEJ

0 Likes