Re: cannot connect to verizon.net email on my smart phone
Kjmin

The problems started this morning.  This happened about a year ago too.  NIGHTMARE.  When i called the last time, they gave me the run around and told me it was my phone!  I referenced an email and then all of sudden, they retracted the answer and tried to help.  It never worked until I went into the Verizon store and the employee re-did all my settings.  If they have a server upgrade it should be pushed automatically somehow. 

0 Likes
VTEN

Having the same issue in the NJ area.

0 Likes
WhataMack
Enthusiast - Level 2

We also cannot connect to Verizon email through our Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2013 clients this morning.  Both clients were able to connect successfully/normally last night.  We are able to log into Verizon's webmail and access email there with no problem.  Our connection settings have not changed and have been verified as being correct from checking with Verizon's required email account settings (POP, SMTP, port settings, etc.).  We are in the Boston area.

0 Likes
ScoDog1

Ditto!  Phone shows it last updated email from Verizon at 1:35 AM EST. Nothing since.

0 Likes
Hokiechick

Same here. Webmail works fine. Can't send/receive on iPhone or on Windows computer running Outlook. Spouse having same problem. Other internet services working properly.

0 Likes
ilovefourpoints
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just spoke to chat support, confirmed there is an issue.  No time that we could bet on for restoration.  Of course verizon webmail is working.

0 Likes
Ben1951

Eastern Massachusetts- cannot send emails via Outlook, although I can receive them*

* my incoming emails are to a comcast email address so that's no surprise.   Have tried outgoing.verizon.net (which I've had the outgoing setting pointing to for 3 years) and smtp.verizon.net.    Both with port 465 and SSL.    Also tried SSL off, no luck with anything.

0 Likes
WaltN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ours has not worked since around 2PM on Wednesday (20th).  Tried Chat but got 18 minute wait time.  Gave up.

0 Likes
cj351

Same here in NY.  Can not access email on phone (android) or through windows live mail

0 Likes
bostique
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here in Boston. Just called a friend who works for Verizon. He said there's a major outage that they're having a probelm correcting. Seems to be a breach from an outside source that hacked into system late last night. Could be a while before they can resolve. Told to use the Verizon Webmail site.

0 Likes