Cannot Forward Msgs Received Under Old Email Provider (Cox) via FIOS using Outlook
JOHNCHAP2b

I just hooked up to FIOS today after switching from COX..  Phone and TV seem to work adequately, but email does not.

I set up another account for FIOS under Accounts in Outlook. I am using Outlook 2000 on one machine and 2007 on a second machine.  The problem seems to exist for either machine.   I can read email for any of my Cox email accounts using the FIOS account set up under Outlook.  However, I cannot forward any email addressed to my old accounts using the FIOS account, nor can I send any msg created when my default account was one of the old COX account.  Any msg created under the FIOS account in Outlook seems able to be sent.

Incidently, is there no Verizon Help Desk that one could go for assistance?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Forward Msgs Received Under Old Email Provider (Cox) via FIOS using Outlook
JOHNCHAP2b

A bit of additionally testing indicates that I cannot forward any messages from my Cox accounts.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Forward Msgs Received Under Old Email Provider (Cox) via FIOS using Outlook
Ronny3

This is by design, the ports required for email traffic is blocked by the firewalls. This cannot be changed. I'm in the process of figuring out the email take over option offered by Verizon.  Another option you have is to forward your old emails from COX to your new Verizon email address which is the best option.

0 Likes