Confused about my email address
pspreng
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my Account Profile, under Personal Information, my Verizon Email Address is listed as {edited for privacy} But when I send emails, the name on them is res149sip@verizon.net. Also, when I send myself an email at {edited for privacy}, it gets bounced with this error "550 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias:{edited for privacy} (state 14)"

I really want to use the {edited for privacy} address. What is going wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Confused about my email address
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry about these issues you're having with our email.  I'd like to help you.  I've sent you a private message, please respond when you get a chance.  Thanks

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Assuming that you are using the "New" Verizon webmail interface:

1) When you click on Compose and the new email  template shows up with the bogus email from address, if you click on the down arrow at the right end of the From line, do you see your real email address? I am not experiencing the problem you are, but when I click on the down arrow I do see an email address in addition to mine that starts with "reszp" that of course I did not define and don't use.

2) If you do see your own address, can you select that and it all work? If so, at least you can get around the issue that way.

3) Have you tried going into Settings ==> Email Settings and changing the Default From address to something else, saving it, then changing it back and saving that to see if that will fix the problem?

This is from memory, so please don't hold me to it, but I seem to remember, from somewhere in the past, that your email address that you define is really, under the covers, an alias for a Verizon real address. And I think that real email address is what you are now seeing, for some unknown reason. I have no idea why Verizon's email system would be set up that way, it may have something to do with internal routing, but I think all of us have some extra email address starting with "res" or something like that, that is normally not visible to us.

Please try what I suggested above and let us know if it helps.

Keller, TX 76248

cephpa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  My primary account is fine. However, when I set up the subaccounts, the profiles show the email as the correct subaccount id with the @verizon.net extension.  But when the subaccount logs in, the email shows the sub###ltr prefix instead of the actual subaccount id.  And when I go to the email setting, the drop down only shows the sub###ltr id.  Again, my primary account is fine and shows both.  Also, emails sent to the actual subaccount id@verizon.net bounce back.  Please advise.

0 Likes